Review: The Bye Bye Bouquet by Chi Yu Rodriguez

9:32 AM

I am not fond of flowers as gifts. I even remember telling someone before that if he will give me flowers, it better be planted in a pot, because there's no way I'm gonna carry around a bouquet. Maybe it was my dislike for these (more-often-than-not) expensive bundles that also made me read Chi Yu Rodriguez's The Bye Bye Bouquet.



Summary:

Every month for the past year, like clockwork, Meile Simon has gotten orders at her shop for the same type of bouquet, from the same guy, delivered to twelve different girls. By the third month, she starts to take note.

Warren Leigh likes women. He does. He knows there are too many beautiful women out there just waiting to be plucked by the right guy. But he firmly believes that personal relationships with them must have an expiration date.

When the girl who likes to watch flowers bloom encounters the guy who's only in it while the fragrance lasts, curiosity gets the best of both of them.

In the midst of intermittent weather, will their connection blossom or wilt?

How do I love this? Let me count the ways:
  1. The plot was simple and it was fast-paced. It was what I needed at the moment I've read this. Just a light-hearted romance that will take my mind off the stresses of work. However, and this is not just for this book, I wish it was longer. More pages means a better character development and back story. 
  2. Meile and her quirks. I can definitely relate to them except for loving flowers. I like how her feelings towards flowers were described though. It was interesting for the anti-bouquet person like me.
  3. Meile's relationship with his dad. Their interactions were heart-warming because they've shown genuine concern for each other.
  4. Rachel and her craziness. If you've read my other reviews, you'll notice that I'm really a fan of crazy (yet dependable) friends. I also like the hint of a back story for her and Warren's friend, Geoffrey.
  5. Warren and his unapologetic attitude. He admitted that he is a womanizer and he didn't pretend that he was changed as soon as he met Meile. I especially liked him when he said that he can't assure that he can stick with a girl for more than one month, but that he knows Meile is worth the effort to at least try. Now that for me, is not only realistic, but also very sweet.  
Overall, I liked Chi Yu Rodriguez's writing. I'm excited to see if there will really be a book about Rachel. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments