Achievement Unlocked: Tagaytay Art Beat 2

10:10 PM

People who know me well are aware how I'm passionate about sleeping, so it really is a big deal to me that I survived the 14-hour music/art fest that is Tagaytay Art Beat 2.



With 22 bands and 17 artists to boot, Art Beat 2 was a thing you won't easily forget. So when we went home at four in the freaking morning today, we were feeling a bit sleepy, but ecstatic at the same time because of the natural high from this fun-filled event.

Performances included Autotelic, Banna Harbera, Bullet Dumas, Conscious & The Goodness, crwn, Dante and Amigo, Farewell Fair Weather, Fools and Foes, Jensen and The Flips, Mayonnaise, Moonwlk, Motherbasss, NINNO, Reese Lansangan, Rob & The Hitmen, She's Only Sixteen, Sud, Tandems ' 91, TheSunManager, The Ransom Collective and Tom's Story. An exhibit inside Museo Orlina, on the other hand, featured works by Airell Segovia, Allison Tan, Anna Orlina, Dans Bermejo, Dee Jae Paeste,Erica Ng, Jess De Leon, John Paul Duray, Julia Tabor, Kara Pangilinan,Karen De La Fuente, Ku Rumillo, Lee Caces, Miguel Alberto Antonio, Tyang Karyel, Valerie Harley and Vincent Kristan Quilop.

I wasn't able to really appreciate the art works because we were glued to our "premium" seats right in front of the stage. When I was in college, I attended the UP Fair every February, but I never got to finish any because first, I needed to travel from Diliman to Bulacan back then. And also, while I loved listening to the music, I found myself hot and sticky after a few hours of being in a crowd. This was not, however, the case for Art Beat 2. Tagaytay weather was perfect this time of the year, it was cold enough that even when the spotlights hit you, you don't break out in sweat. No sticky feeling and icky smell from sweaty bodies, yay!

My favorite acts include:

  • The Ransom Collective - they are my absolute favorite.
  • Reese Lansangan - her awkwardness and quirky songs are awesome!
  • Jensen and the Flips - these guys were still amazing even after performing in two other shows. 
  • Tandems '91 - these guys and their almost-retro sound will make you sway and smile.
  • Conscious and the Goodness - their genre-bending music is sweet on the ears.
  • Mayonnaise- this band reminded me of UP fair days, and their wild set had blown us away. 
  • Motherbasss-  first time I've heard of this drum & DJ duo and all I can say was WOW.
Here are some photos I took.
Crowd at 1:30 PM

Conscious and the Goodness
Reese Lansangan

Me and my friends
Me and my friends with the Art Beat crowd

The very talented, TheSunManager, April Hernandez

Gabba Santiago 
Tom Naval of Tom's Story



THE Ely Buendia
Ely and his new band, Apartel
The very talented drummer, Pat Sarabia on the background
Kim HueJin of Farewell Fairweather

Tandems '91
DJ Nix Damn P and his infectious energy
Autotelic
The Ransom Collective


Muriel Gonzales of The Ransom Collective
Jermaine Choa Peck of The Ransom Collective 


Jensen and the Flips
Can't wait for Art Beat 3! Come with me?

You Might Also Like

0 comments